Our rich history reveals a deep passion and mastery in drywall construction for over 60 years.

Mehrer Drywall, Inc. was incorporated in 1963 by brothers Morris and Don Mehrer, journeymen in the drywall industry.

In 1978, they built offices and warehouses in Seattle’s Magnolia area to keep up with their expanding business.

Since 2008, Mehrer Drywall has been owned and operated by the 2nd generation in the Mehrer family, Kurt Mehrer and his sister Kim Mehrer Vaughn.

numbers-background
qualified employees
0 +
successful projects
0 K+
years in business
0 +

A Legacy of Excellence!

Our Story

Our journey began over six decades ago, when brothers Morris and Don Mehrer along with Don’s wife Shirley founded Mehrer Drywall, Inc. in 1963. Our company has evolved from a modest family-operated venture into one of the largest locally owned drywall companies in the Seattle area.

Humble Beginnings

With just $300, a borrowed 1951 Chevy pickup, the ambition of two brothers from North Dakota with a vision for the future, Mehrer Drywall was born. This simple but powerful start laid the groundwork for what would become a leading name in drywall services, renowned for excellence, reliability, and a commitment to craftsmanship.

Our Journey

In 1978, to accommodate our expanding business, we constructed our current office and warehouses in Seattle’s Magnolia area. This strategic move not only facilitated our growth but also underscored our commitment to leading the industry with superior service to the metropolitan Seattle area.

A New Chapter

Since 2008, Mehrer Drywall has been under the leadership and ownership of 2nd generation of the Mehrer family, Kurt Mehrer and his sister, Kim Mehrer Vaughn. Their stewardship has ushered in a new era of innovation and expansion, digital estimating and 100% electronic field reporting.

The company prides itself on employing several multi-generational craftsmen, whose parents worked for us. Their inherit mentorship has produced refined skills and an intimate understanding of materials that blends traditional expertise with modern practices seamlessly.

cvv

Expansion and Innovation

Mehrer Drywall has recently made another leap forward by adding another warehouse and office space in Lacey to better service our South Sound work, all the way to Vancouver and Portland, Oregon bringing our expertise and “Spirit of Excellence” closer to our clients in this region.

Our Mission

Our mission is to deliver top-tier drywall construction services that exceed our clients’ expectations in every aspect. We strive to uphold the highest standards of craftsmanship, safety, and efficiency, perpetuating the legacy of our founders while embracing future opportunities for innovation.

The Birth of a Legacy: Unveiling Our New Headquarters
60th Anniversary

Mehrer Drywall, Inc.’s motto Spirit of Excellence was adopted in 1963 to express our commitment to quality work.

Spirit of Excellence” is not just our motto; it is the principle that guides every aspect of our work. From the initial estimate to the final inspection, we are dedicated to achieving excellence in every project we undertake.

Mehrer Drywall, Inc.’s motto Spirit of Excellence

Local

  • Locally owned and operated for 60 years. Three generations of Mehrer work to make this company thrive in every aspect.

  • Quick turnaround on small to medium sized jobs by fulfilling material from our 15,000 SF warehouse in Seattle.

  • Happily serving Western-Washington from Bellingham to Vancouver.

  • A member of the E-Verify program. 100% of our workers are eligible Americans.

Experienced

  • Over 200 years of combined project management and estimation experience.

  • 70% of our labor force is highly skilled Journeymen while the other 30% are apprentices who are receiving invaluable work experience to hone their craft.

  • Dedicated employees. Our average length of tenure is over 19 years!

  • Bond rate from 0.5% to a max of 1%. Bondable up to $30 million.

Technology

  • Digital takeoff software like ConstructConnect keeps us as accurate as possible, eliminating surplus in our bids.

  • Field use of Bluebeam Revu enable our crews have the most accessible and accurate plans, while also helping our carbon footprint by reducing paper.

Mon-Thur: 6.30 AM to 5:00 PM
Fri: 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Delivery Hours: 7:00AM to 1:00PM, Mon-Fri
By appointment only.
By appointment only.